Six Sigma Green Belt training provides 90-day online access to the course and focuses on providing students with an understanding of the various Six Sigma tools and techniques useful to improve the production process and minimize defects in the end product with a greater focus on the practical implementation of these tool and techniques in the organization.
Upon completion of the Six Sigma Green Belt course, participants will learn how to:
- Identify project selection and evaluation criteria.
- Plan and execute six sigma projects
- Form and effectively lead a Six Sigma project team.
- Apply DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) and various six sigma tools in process and quality improvement.
- Assess and manage project risk.
- Significantly increase profitability through six sigma projects.
- Avoid pitfalls in implementing Six Sigma.
- Integrate and enhance innovation and problem solving skills
- This course aims to familiarize Participants with the tool and techniques, advantages, and challenges of the Six Sigma methodology.
- Participants will be equipped with the knowledge needed for production process improvement in their organizations and help their organizations adopt Six Sigma methodology.
- Participants have knowledge pertaining to and can anticipate issues related to the practical implementation of Six Sigma.
- Participants are armed with the proper tools to address, resolve, and take the lead on production issues in their organizations.
- Participants will develop superior problem solving skills that can be immediately applied in real world projects.
- This course is for employees and organizations requiring a standardized approach to problem solving for the purpose of continuous improvement. This would include team leaders, supervisors, associates, Quality Assurance Engineers, Project Managers, Software Professionals, Practitioners, Quality Assurance team members, Working Executives and Senior Management that will dedicate a small portion of their time applying the DMAIC tools to their natural work area.
- Future managers who want to get certified as Green Belt in Six Sigma.
- Management and Engineering Students who are desirous to be more resourceful and employable.
- Project Management Professionals (PMP) who wants to earn PMI PDUs by learning nuances of Quality paradigm.
- Any other professional members who are doing research, innovations or consulting in process improvement practices.
What is Sig Sigma?
Six Sigma is a data driven, customer focused, and result oriented methodology which uses statistical tools and techniques to systematically eliminate the defects and inefficiencies to improve processes. It is a systematic method to measure and analyze the business processes to identify critical factors affecting business results, thereby improving the processes and establishing controls around the improved processes.
Six sigma is a widely accepted quality concept in the corporate world today. It is used as a business performance improvement methodology all over the world in diverse industry including general manufacturing, construction, banking and finance, healthcare, education, government, KPO/BPO, IT/ Software.
The term ‘six sigma’ comes from statistics and is used in statistical quality control (SQC) which evaluates process capability i.e. the numerical measure of the ability of a process to meet the customer specifications. It was originated from terminology associated with manufacturing which refers the ability of manufacturing process to produce a very high proportion of output within specifications. The sigma rating of a process indicates its yield or percentage of defect-free outputs it produces. A six sigma process is the one which produces 99.99966% statistically defect-free outputs which is equivalent to 3.4 defects per million opportunities (DPMO).
Six sigma uses a set of quality management and statistical methods and creates a team of experts within the organization (Executive Leadership, Champions, Black belt, Green Belt, Yellow Belt etc.) having specific skill sets required to carry out the six sigma project. Each six sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of phases with quantifiable value targets e.g. reduction in process cycle time, reduce cost, increase in quality rating/ customer satisfaction index, reduction is defect rate.
Road Map of a Six Sigma project:
- Identify the areas of improvement
- Define the problem statement and goals for improvement in quantifiable terms (i.e. which can be measured numerically)
- Determine the resources required for the project
- Formulate a project deliverables timeline in a phased manner
- Establish performance parameters/ metrics
- Gather baseline information about the process
- Validate measurement system for the process output (Y)
- Examine the data collected in the earlier phase to determine a prioritized list of sources variation
- Explore potential causes (potential X’s for causation) and determine the impact of each X has on the response Y
- Determine the optimum level of vital few X’s
- Validate measurement system for X’s
- Verify process improvement
- Develop control mechanism to ensure sustenance of the improved process
Some of benefits of Six Sigma are given below:
- Six Sigma helps companies to reduce cost and improve productivity
- Six Sigma improves quality of projects output by reduction of inefficiencies and defects
- Six Sigma increases customer satisfaction, and loyalty
- Certified Six Sigma Professionals can help increasing ROI significantly
Registration for Online Training
After you complete your payment, we will contact you to provide your unique course login details. Please contact us at https://www.rothschildcorporation.com/contact-us/ if you have questions.