The Team Building Workshop is designed to be highly interactive with activities to enhance relationships among team members, develop trust, and build a team charter with guiding principles. Key recommended guiding principles include collaboration, commitment, open communication, accountability, and focus on results.
Teamwork significantly improves the bottom line and strengthens the organization by building on the strengths of its team members. Because “none of us is as smart as all of us,” teamwork produces
- Commitment that is built through participation
- Synergy and shared learning
- More effective problem solving
- Multiple perspectives
- Interdependencies that are more recognizable
- Improved productivity and motivation
However, teamwork is a learned skill that requires commitment and courage. Lack of teamwork is costly to the organization and typically shows up as dysfunctional behaviors such as absence of trust, paranoia, defensiveness, fear of conflict, lack of commitment, avoidance of accountability, inattention to results, blaming and looking for scapegoats. To better understand the impact of teamwork, consider the performance of the teams that compete in the Super Bowl. To rise to the top of the competition, they were committed to results, accountable, mastered conflict, trusted each other at a fundamental level, and focused on results.
Team Building Workshop Houston TX
The interactive workshop is customized to focus on your team’s needs. During the workshop, your team can apply the principles of successful teams as they address specific projects such as developing their strategic objectives or key metrics for the year. Although the agenda is based on the organization’s requirements, below is a sample agenda for a two-day workshop.
- Principles of Effective Teams
- Explore Individual Styles/Needs & 5 Principles of Effective Teams
- Team Building Activity – SWOT Analysis
- Team Building Activity – Define Business Objectives
- Team Building Activity – Define Business Strategy
- Team Building Activity – Business Metrics (Key Performance Indicators)
The Birkman Method® Assessment is recommended as the tool for supporting self awareness and greater awareness of team member’s styles and needs. View Sample Assessment