Management development training helps your organization develop your managers, supervisors, and future leaders to lead your organization to reach its greatest potential by bringing out the best in its people. Management development training helps your managers become effective in managing, leading, and coaching.
Managers and Leaders
- Managers administer; leaders innovate.
- Managers maintain; leaders develop.
- Managers control; leaders inspire.
- Managers have a short-term view; leaders, a long-term view.
- Managers ask how and when; leaders ask what and why.
- Managers imitate; leaders originate.
- Managers accept the status quo; leaders challenge it.
Management Development focuses on skills for Effective Leadership
- Communicate clear team mission – involve all members
- Identify success criteria
- Be action centered
- Set ground rules
- Share information
- Cultivate team unity
Management Development trains leaders to be Coaches:
- Give their teams a clearly defined charter
- Make team development/building constant
- Are mentors
- Promote mutual respect
- Make human diversity a plus
Management Development includes Executive Coaching: The Rothschild Corporation provides executive coaching services to help your new and experienced managers develop and enhance leadership and management development skills to meet your organization’s strategic goals.
Management Development Training:
- Strategic Planning: The first step to success is to have clearly defined goals. Does your organization have
- A vision, mission, guiding principles/values, strategic goals
- Succession Plan
- Short-term and long-term goals
- A scorecard to measure productivity, on time delivery, downtime, etc? These measures show you where the organization is profitable.
- A forecast
- A quality system
The Strategic Planning training provides a process for developing a strategic plan including developing a scorecard to track and manage performance.
- Time & Priority Management: Prioritizing tasks and managing time are essential to both personal and professional effectiveness. Distractions and time wasters can easily lose valuable time that can be used on your key goals. This management development training provides a process for identifying and prioritizing tasks and then effectively managing time for their completion.
- Project Management: Project management skills are essential management development training for any manager responsible for small to mid-sized projects. Participants learn the stages of a project cycle – initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close, to manage projects effectively. Participants also learn essential project management skills including project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, and risk management. Training can be included during the project kick-off and throughout the project cycle to improve team performance.
- Winning Leadership Skills: In today’s dynamic environment, leaders inspire and motivate through their winning leadership skills. Leadership development training empowers participants with the fundamentals for communicating a clear team mission, identifying success criteria, setting ground rules, sharing information, cultivating team unity, and being action centered. They also learn how to lead and communicate change, coach, motivate and inspire teams to produce meaningful results, matching leadership approach to needs of organization
- Empowerment through Accountability: The training focuses on empowering team members to take personal responsibility for the achievement of the organization’s goals.
- Conducting Effective Meetings: Maximize productivity and profits by training your managers on how to conduct effective meetings. This management development training includes fundamentals for effective meetings, including agenda preparation, pre and post communication, facilitation, documentation, and other important topics.
- Team Building: This management development training leads participants in a series of team-oriented experiences based on a model for effective team leadership and management. Participants will learn the many aspects of team building and management based on collaboration and team unity.
- Communication Skills: A critical skill in management development training is effective communication. This training covers the dynamics of how to effectively communicate with others, listening, perception checking, written and verbal communications, and handling crucial conversations effectively.
- Knowledge Management: Knowledge Management expands far beyond training and development. Gain a competitive advantage in today’s market by developing a Knowledge Management Plan to harness the knowledge within your organization and manage its strategic flow through the organization by enabling and rewarding collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Communications Management: Develop communication skills and tools for effectively identifying your stakeholders inside and outside of your organization and developing plans for meeting their communication needs.
- Change Management: Because the foundation of life is change, adapting to change is essential for survival and growth both in the business world and as a whole. If we want to become more innovative, we must be willing to change. Yet people often resist change. In this training, you will learn strategies and tools for managing change within your organization.
- Process versus Training in Quality Improvement: Although skilled, motivated employees are essential to an organization’s success, existing processes can limit their ability to achieve organizational goals. In this training, you learn how to distinguish improvement that can best be realized through process changes versus training and tools for improving processes.
- Total Quality Management (TQM): To compete effectively and grow, organizations must meet and exceed their customer’s expectations, empower their people to be their strategic advantage, and continuously improve quality of products and services. In this management development training, participants learn fundamentals of TQM and explore how they can apply the principles and methodology in their organization. Coaching is available as an additional service to help your organization develop a Quality Management program.
Contact us for information.